SVP of Consulting, East Coast USA
Sector: Market Access and HEOR
Industry: Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
Region: North America
Salary: 100k +
Contract type: Full time, Permanent
Our client is a decision support firm helping clients with strategic insights and foresights to improve their assumptions and hence enabling them to make a better decision. They use a wide variety of tools and techniques such as market research (qual & quant), competitive intelligence (primary human intell & secondary), market access, pricing and reimbursement. Within the CI practice they offer War Games / Strategic Simulations.
Our client is an independent, specialist adviser to the pharmaceutical industry, with offices in three continents. They also serve biotechnology, life science, diagnostic and medical technology companies. The main focus is product life cycle management, including new product development and the optimisation of patent loss, where they apply world class research and strategy-building solutions to support your decision making.
Specialist areas include:
- Strategic market research
- Competitive intelligence
- Market access, Pricing and reimbursement
We are currently seeking an entrepreneurial, self-starter, self-motivated person to join our clients team. In your role as a head of the USA business unit you will be expected to come with a book of business; and have an in-depth knowledge of at least one of our clients practice areas such as pharmaceutical market research and competitive intelligence or market access, pricing and reimbursement.
You will be currently in a senior role on an agency side or in a CI consulting firm or for a Market Access, pricing and reimbursement firm. In your last 3 years of selling you have averaged $2m+ in sales from your own efforts. You are team builder.
- Project management and retaining the current US clients
- Business development
- Customer Experience
- Building USA team
- P&L responsibility
- Advanced degrees (Masters or PhD) in bio-medical or life sciences area
- Over 15 years of relevant experience
- Strong interest in business and/or commercial acumen within the pharma industry
- Strategic problem- solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly in written along with effective presentation skills
- Strong team player and team builder
- Flexibility to travel (20-40% of your time)
- MD and MBA or PhD and MBA (PhD must be in life science area)
- Previously held P&L responsibilities
- Previously delivered consistent and durable growth – revenue and profits
- Previously worked at ZS Associates, McKinsey & Co, Boston Consulting, Bain & Co, Simon-Kucher & Partners.
- MBA from top tier business school such as Chicago, Stanford, Harvard, Wharton, Northwestern, Sloan, Columbia, Dartmouth.